Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm back

Well, it's been forever since I wrote here, but I've turned over a new leaf. I still feel kind of funny writing about things out here in cyber space. Here goes...

What's on my mind today? I go back to work in 2 weeks, the summer has flown by and I am so glad I got to spend some time with my wonderful three brothers and their families. While Hannah wasn't able to join us it still was fabulous to be with everyone else. We are all so different in so many ways, yet we all love each other unconditionally. For that I am thankful to my parents and extended family. It really is hard to get together when everyone is up and down the east coast, in school, working, or just trying to survice.

I've spent a good part of the summer in professional developments for my job, they have been good. I am a little nervous about moving to a new school, but I firmly believe change is good. August will bring all kinds of changes - Kelly off to college, Hannah in graduate school, my new school. Pray for us!

Something else I've spent time thinking about is focusing back on me, before you judge that comment think about this. For the past 21 years I have focused on being a mother and wife before anything else. Someone asked me not long ago, what do I like to do? I couldn't give an answer. Then I thought about my friends, and I thought, "Gosh, do I even have any?" of course I do, but I have not gone to any lengths to maintain friendships. Why are friends the first thing to go on the back burner? Not any more!

My next project is to get my OWN digital camera and begin posting my pics to this blog and my facebook (which I don't really do a lot with.

that's all for now. stay tuned for more info. Blessings to all who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment