Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's been along time since my last post and so much has happened. I almost became a widow, my husband had multiple pulmonary embolisms, but survived. Kids are in high school and college and I continued to drive up and down interstate to be with my mom as she faced her final days on earth. Thanksgiving and Christmas sent me to TN with my family together to be with my mom. Christmas was the best with every immediate family member there.Sad but happy to be together.
My mom died on February 15 at 2:24 p.m. She died at home with 3 of her 4 children with her. While incredibly sad to lose an anchor in my life, I initially celebrated that she had finally left her body that was no longer a useful vessel for her. I was actually joyful that she was no longer in pain, but reality soon set in and I realized I would no longer see her or talk to her again in this life. It's sad to be without your mom, or to realize tht your parents are no longer alive. I guess the good thing is that she is with my Dad. Kind of scary knowing/wondering what she sees of the life she has left. Does she see it all? Does she know all of my secrets now/ Or, is she too busy being happy? I hope that's the case,but am afraid the first is how it is.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog Aunt Kim! But it's wonderful and I always appreciate people's honesty on these things. I think about you often and how a mother/daughter's relationship is so close. If anything, pour into Hannah and Kelly's life even more:-) And in my opinion, Bam's totally having a blast now... she's too busy to think about the bad things!

    ReplyDelete