Sunday, May 2, 2010

So, it looks like I only get to post about once a month and I need to spell check!

I am in the purging phase. We (my family) have way more than we need. Too many clothes, too much stuff that isn't used. So it's going... Craigslist for the piano, yard sale (I know, Shawn - yuck) for some other stuff, Goodwill for some and homeless shelter for others. How do you accumulate so much stuff? And books... I know why we have all these books, but I'm not the kind of person that rereads many books, so away they go. We really are a society of consumption. My resolve is not to bring something in to the house unless something goes out, except for Hannah who just moved home for the summer : ). We need way less than we have. After many years, that seems very clear to me and I am good with that.

I spend a lot more time journaling in my Live, Love, Laugh journal than writing here, but then some stuff just doesn't need to go out into cyperspace...

Still no answers on the church thing, it bothers me. Should I just go there and not worry about it? No answers yet.

Bouncing around in topics today, 20 more days of school with the kids. Looking forward to the summer (after June 22 - last day of PD until Aug 1). Wonder what some of these kids do in the summertime. The ones with no one to take them to the zoo or the waterfront or the Science Museum, or Louisville Slugger, or the movies or the swimming pool... This also bothers me. This summer though Kelly and I are volunteering at the Center for Women and Families - a place for women and kids who are in crisis, leaving abusive relationships, etc. I'm excited.

I feel pretty good, like my time of mourning is over - not that I won't miss my mom every day and think about calling her daily, but I can say I'm not so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment